Am i the only one that's fed up?


Today a friend asked me, ‘why can’t people just be genuine?’ and I wanted to weep because I have been asking myself the same question since time in memorial. Wouldn’t it be easier and less taxing emotionally to mean what you say and say what you mean? What about that friendship, why can’t you as my best friend be genuinely happy when I buy my car or when I find an amazing man? And that relationship, why do we always have to play games, see who breaks fast. Why must I first torment you psychologically to see how far I can go with it? Why can’t we have those that we want in our lives and leave those that we feel make us unhappy out of it? Why do people go to unnecessary lengths to please people that they don’t genuinely like just so they can go discuss and plot their downfall with someone else? Would it hurt if you made a decision today that so and so is going to be my friend for ever because of this and that, and I will genuinely love them, and be loyal and honest whenever and wherever.
I’m sure you have a million reasons why people do this, but I’m very very sure that it’s always better to be genuine, both for you and for the other party.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anything but ordinary

Thoughts on a humid Sunday midnight

Farewell Blogger!