Firefly.


As I walked around in the quiet, I came across a friendly firefly. I reached out for it and was both pleased and surprised to see that it did not fly away or hide in fear. So I took the firefly in. I told it all my secret hopes and dreams. My fears and anxieties, I told it about all that I was ashamed of, and all that I was proud of. And it seemed the more I talked, the brighter it glowed. So I talked a little more, and it glowed a little more. And then it was already dark. And the firefly had to return to its home up in heaven amongst the stars. So we said our goodbyes and I watched it fly away. Up, up, up to where it belonged. And though I do not always see it, I know it’s there. Up and above with all my dreams and longings. And me. I simply wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anything but ordinary

Thoughts on a humid Sunday midnight

Farewell Blogger!