I WANT TO BE MORE STILL...


Recently as I was shifting from my former bedroom to the one I am in now, I was sorting through my stuff trying to decide what stays and what goes when I came across a notebook that contained some of my first notes and sketches and stuff. Also it contained the ten or so pages of a novel that I had once started to write but stopped halfway…one particular piece got my attention and I decided to share it. Not only because I believe it’s a particularly good piece, but also because I remember writing it with so much sincerity and passion. I meant every single word and even now, it still speaks to me.

                          I want to be more
I don’t want to be just another name
Just another human that traversed this earth from one time to another…

I don’t want to be just another believer
Just another soul that went to church every Sunday
I want to be the girl that wept over a moving testimony
The one who reached out to help a needy person
Gave until it hurt…

I don’t want to be just another sister
Just another relation that said all the appropriate things
I want to be the one who made dinner when it was your turn
The one who called every lunch to be sure you were sticking to your diet
Let you have my new sweater…

I don’t want to be just another daughter
Just another child that run errands around the house
I want to be the one that brought you hot cocoa in bed after a long day at work
The one that typed your report till 1:00am so you could beat the deadline
Cooked your favorite meal on Sunday…

I don’t want to be just another friend
Just another face that showed up to your graduation party
I want to be the one that you called whenever you were broke and needed a place to crush
The one who always had an extra pair of heels just for you
One you could always count on…

I don’t want to be just another lover
Who dressed real fine and kept her figure right
I want to be the one who held you through the night when you cried
Because someone else had gotten that promotion
The one who always knew where you had misplaced your favorite pair of blue socks
Kept your dinner warm and had on a smile when you came home late
Loved you all day, all night in all ways…

I don’t want to be just another artist
Who went to all the big art exhibitions and knew all the famous names
I want to be the one that recognized true rhythm in the song of an abandoned child
The one that bought a canvas because it made me think of vanilla scents and sunshine
Always sang in the shower…

I don’t want to be just another name
That traversed this earth from one time to another
I want to be more…
I want to be great…
I want to be remembered always,
For being a true, brave, passionate and fearless dreamer.




Comments

  1. i think it would be very insufficient for me to say i lv this post....bt seeing as thats the most i can express in regards to smthn am very fond of, ill jst say kudos to the u the writer...i lv this post.

    ...................................................................Mclaver

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Well thanks a lot Mr. McLaver!! I am much obliged :)))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anything but ordinary

Thoughts on a humid Sunday midnight

World without color